As I posted a about a week or so ago we met with the bishop. I thought for sure that nursery was going to be our place, but some how it is the COMPLETE opposite for me. The last thing that I could have ever imagined myself doing... Relief Society Teacher. Seriously, I have never taught anything in my life. But to start out teaching the ladies of the ward, SCARY! I was in complete shock as my sweet husband just laughed at me and the panicked look on my face. Ask me to teach little kids or even YW and I would have been SO happy! HAHA I guess that's exactly why I got it. Obviously someone thinks I have some potential of being a good teacher for the fine ladies of my ward, but I have yet to see it. I guess I do have some perks to my calling of only have to teach I assume once a month, no mutual or activity days to attend. Just gives me more time to stress the rest of the month about my lesson and how nervous, sweaty, and red faced I'll be.Oh that's right you are probably asking yourself well what calling did Shane receive, NOTHING. Yes you heard right he did not get a calling. I think that may have been why I was even more frustrated about getting RS teacher is because he can just enjoy church and not have to stress about anything. This post may seem like I am absolutely angry with what I will be doing, but honestly I have come to grips with it for now and will just try and make the best out of it. Hopefully I don't mess up to miserably with my first lesson. Wish me luck!
Oh girl, I had that calling right before I got married. It actually wasn't that bad! And I seriously HATE getting up in front of people. Let alone teaching. So you'll do great!
ReplyDeleteOooh I actually loved that calling... But I totally know- it IS intimidating! But you'll do great!
ReplyDeleteOH Gosh that is my worst nightmare! but you will do so good! Those ladies will love you and look forward to you teaching!!
ReplyDeleteScary! You will do awesome!!!! I miss your face!
ReplyDelete