Thursday, February 17, 2011

Playing Catch Up!

It has been so long since this blog has been update, sadly, that I am going to try and give you a run down of what we have been up to the last several months.

First things first, if you will remember a couple posts ago I discussed the “happy hunting” season that was coming to the Huntsman Family, right?! No such luck, Shane went out several weekends looking for the big trophy bull Elk, but came home emptied handed. Crazy snow made it hard for them to get near the “big” ones. I’ll let you know to try and cheer him up I told him no worries honey, I am putting in for tags next season and I’ll get the big one. HAHA He was a good sport about it and was able to still have fun with his boys out hunting.

Hunting

The Holidays – Why is it when we get older do the holidays seem to come and go so quickly. This is something that I am definitely not a fan of. It felt like right as I got into the whole season it was already over. But overall we had a fabulous Thanksgiving and Christmas. We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year and it was fun to be able to spend that with my family. Even though we see them every other week on Sunday’s its always a different feeling when you are able to spend a holiday together. It reminds me of how much  I really do love and appreciate my family and my in laws. Christmas was spent with the Huntsman’s this year. My first Christmas Eve away from home, but let’s just say my in laws are an awesome family and it felt as though nothing was different from any other Christmas. New Year’s we spent with friends the Warren’s and Wadsworth’s. It was a nice relaxing evening of good food and laughs. Picture wise I do not have much to show from the holidays which makes me realize I really need to start taking pictures a lot more. 

Christmas

January – The New Year has brought some change into the house, Shane started his first semester of college. Woo hoo. He goes 3 nights a week which to me is a bummer cause then I don’t feel like I see him as much but I’ve decided while he is at class for 2 1/2 hours I could at least hit the gym for a hour of it. Then come home do a little relaxing, watch my girl shows, and then he is home. It’s working out well and he seems to like his classes so far. We have been able to spend LOTS of time outside  so far because of gorgeous spring like weather. I will take this 65 t0 70 degree weather over 40’s any day. I am such a Vegas girl, its almost pathetic. It could be 55 outside sunny, and I am freezing. That’s what I get for living in wonderful Las Vegas for 24 years. Shane, CJ(Shane’s younger brother) and I  have been to Valley of Fire and the Nevada Hot Springs. Of course at the hot springs we get all the way to the bottom to start taking some pictures and the camera battery was dead. Guess, I will now learn to check it before we leave the house. The boys were able to get in the Colorado River, CJ even swam across the river and back. CRAZY kid! The water was freezing, they both came out blue… literally. Diesel is our little trooper that loves the outdoors. When we take him hiking with us he is always way ahead and climbing over rocks. He can’t get enough of it.

Valley of Fire

February – The biggest change that has taken place so far this year is the fact that I have gotten a new job. I just started at an dental office this week. This I think will be a overall good change that I think is something that I have needed. I was with my old company for 5 1/2 years and loved every minute of it. But felt like it was time to build onto my resume a little more and break out of my comfort zone. Shane is in the middle of the metro police hiring process again. We are hoping that this is the lucky year for us! So far it is looking good. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Lastly, February is the month I look forward to every year, and as most of you know this is because King George aka George Strait comes to town Superbowl weekend. I went again this year, along with my parents, brother and sister in law. It is always a fun time had by all. I believe my sister in law Jessica got a good chuckle out of watching my brother and I karaoke the whole night. What can I say we are die hard fans!!

I believe this catches me up to date, hopefully it won’t be another 6 months before I blog again. But I can’t promise anything. =)

1 comment: