Friday, October 2, 2009

Our Busy Life

Life does not ever seem to slow down at our house. I really thought once all the wedding planning was over that things would settle down, but I’ve decided life never does. It feels like we are always constantly on the go. One day I have a feeling that I will get good at blogging, but I can not promise that will happen anytime soon. I am busy being a full-time student, working 30 hours a week and can’t wait for December to roll around so that I can be DONE! Shane is busy working his tail off 5 to 6 days a week. 

The whole 2 1/2 months that we have been married has been busy with trips, school, and work. Over Labor Day weekend we went to Duck Creek with my family. We rented a cabin up there and had an absolute blast. It was my first time being up there and it was hard to come back home to the real world, but that seems to be hard no matter where I go on vacation. We did lots of fishing, playing with our niece and nephew, roasting marshmallows, and playing horseshoes. Shane took me out fly fishing for my first time. It was so fun. I laugh at the pictures cause I look like a total diva out in the middle of the water with diamond sunglasses, hair all done up. But I was glad he taught me and let’s just say there will be many more fly fishing trips for us two.  We caught about 15 fish between the two of us.

137IMG_3202IMG_2968Married Life 2009 063

IMG_3163

 

 

 

 

 

 118[1]

There will be more pictures later… we took most of our pictures on Shane’s camera and can’t find the cord to download them so until then these will have to do. There are pictures of us casting and stripping in the fish we caught!

8 comments:

  1. SHUT UP! You have a BLOG?! This makes me so happy! I love it!!! I MISS YOU SHANE, and Katie... I need to freakin meet you cause I freakin love you already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ and I have been married for nearly 7 months now and we're still waiting for things to slow down! But, we try our best to soak in every moment together and trust me. Pictures and blogs help the process A LOT! All I can say is that it only gets better from here! I am so happy for you two, love and marriage is a wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that first pic of you! You are one diva fisher lol. Brandon has tried to get me to go fishing... but well you know my feelings about fish. Hope all is going well. We need to get together for lunch soon! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KATIE!!!!!! Oh my goodness!! Its Jen Sargent.. Well Benson but thought you'd might remember me with the Sargent last name better ;) I can't believe you're married and you have a blog!! Well I can believe you're married that sounded wrong!! ;) Thank goodness for blog hopping from Taly's blog!!! How the heck are ya?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new update! I need to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you guys met and got married, and you make a very cute couple! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So proud of you for wading out into that deep dark lake! You go girl! Life NEVER slows down!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel you Katie, I am still determined to post about our summer. Our whole summer. Daunting. But I want to hear more about married life. When are you having a kid? haha, totally kidding, I remember EVERYONE asking me that, and Im all, dude, I just got back from our honeymoon. Anyway, Im so happy for you, getting married to the right person is amazing. Our year was tough but we made it through and now Im happy as ever. Most people say their first year was the best, so, its a flip of a coin I guess, but you've always been a super happy person so I'm sure it will be easy peasy. Yes life does get busy and people keep telling me it's only going to get busier. But busy is good, most of the time. speaking of, gotta go Ginger just woke up. PS SO cool you and Darcy are related- she's awesome- we worked together for a while. Phew, Im long winded. Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete